Impress your friends and family with this conversation starting breakfast.
It’s great for kids because it’s green and doesn’t contain any artificial sweeteners. And I pinky promise you can’t taste the spinach.
Alligator French Toast – Serves 2
- 4 slices Ezekiel bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 TB maple syrup + more for topping
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups berries
- Vegan butter (Earth Balance is her favorite) or regular butter
- Blend eggs, almond milk, spinach, maple syrup, cinnamon in blender until combined
- In small sauce pan, cook berries on medium heat covered. This will be your topping. Cook for 5-10 minutes until thickens into a sauce. Stir every couple of minutes to make sure it’s not burning.
- Pour egg mixture into large bowl and soak your pieces of bread until covered.
- In a large skillet, add pinch of butter and let it melt. Cook coated bread pieces, 1 or 2 at a time, for a couple minutes on each side.
- Top with berry mixture and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Try it out and let me how you liked them in the comments section below.