Will you be hosting Thanksgiving this year? Or will you be a guest?
Hands down my favorite holiday. What’s better than a holiday dedicated to gratitude and a home-cooked feast with loved ones?
Last year’s Thanksgiving post was 7 Tips for Enjoying Thanksgiving Without Unbuttoning Your Pants.
And today, to help you game plan for your Thanksgiving spread I’m sharing my Kale, Pumpkin Seed and Golden Raisin Salad recipe.
I had Jason taste-test it last night. He is always hesitant when kale is involved but he said it was surprisingly good! You can always swap out the kale for another lettuce leaf or do 1/2 and 1/2.
Bringing a dish of yummy, healthy dish is the great way impress your loved ones. (You don’t have to tell them it’s healthy till after they taste it 😉
To help you stay on track this holiday season, I’ve designed a free, 30-Day Happy Body Challenge starting Dec. 1. During the challenge you’ll get 2 soup recipes and a grocery from me each week starting Nov. 27. An easy way to get back on track and stay there throughout the holiday season. And SIGN-UP to win a 14-Day Happy Body Program guaranteed to make you feel amazing in the new year.
- 1 bunch lacinato kale – washed and sliced into ribbons
- 3 TB pumpkin seeds
- 3 TB golden raisins (I love these!)
- 3 TB Parmesan cheese (leave out to make it vegan)
- 3 TB olive oil
- 1 1/2 TB balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 TB Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey (or 1 tsp coconut sugar)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Massage kale with hands to soften. You can also swap kale out for other lettuce or do 1/2, 1/2 version.
2. Mix together dressing ingredients and blend with fork until combined. The Dijon mustard will keep the olive and vinegar from separating.
3. Add 1/2 dressing and other ingredients to salad and toss. Add more dressing if desired or save for later. Salad dressing will keep for 5 days in refrigerator.