Fall – kids are back to school, the weather cooler, and it’s time to focus on new routines.
But allow yourself to ease into fall. The shift can disturb your nervous system and be emotionally draining. Embrace the transition with love by taking time to reflect and to set new intentions.
Let me help you with my tips on How to Transition Gracefully into Fall.
Do you feel like you gracefully move throughout the day?
Do you skip breakfast and do your make-up in car? Are you running on adrenaline (and coffee) to get through your endless to-do list?
Do you forget to breath, move your body or nourish yourself with home-cooked meals? Only to default to comfort food, followed by mindless tv shows/FB stalking and collapsing in your bed at night?
Take a moment to reflect on what is working and what needs tweaked.
- What activities, habits, foods, or thoughts are zapping your energy?
- What nourishes you and makes you feel energized?
Wean out the energy zappers and use these 5 tips to Transition Gracefully Into Fall:
- Eat Grounding foods.Root veggies – beets, turnips, sweet potatoes, garlic and radishes. All these veggies have roots that reach into the ground. Eating these foods can help you become more rooted and grounded in your life as well. Try roasting root veggies for a delicious side dish or snack.
- Eat quality proteins.Organic, free-range eggs, beans, nuts and seeds will help balance your blood sugars and keep you balanced.
- Re-commit to your health. Having a plan relieves overwhelm. My online, Happy Body Program will reset your system in 14 days. It’s filled over 35 simple recipes, delicious menus and set-by-step instructions to jump-start your fall. Get started HERE.
- Start with Mindfulness. Journal, eat breakfast without distraction, do yoga, or go for a walk. Connect with grace. When you do something mindful in the morning you win. I’ve been saying this mantra 10 times before I get out of bed in the morning “Release and let-go”.
- Take a Breath Break. When you feel anxious, take 5 min to breath. My Simple Sweet Meditation video will guide you through short breathing exercise. Releasing stress will keep you from reaching for food to soothe.
Fall is one of my favorite times of year. Embrace this amazing life by taking care of yourself this season.
PS: If you found this post helpful, please share if with you friends and family. And get the to do the Happy Body Program with you! Sign Up.