This is one the easiest recipes to make and pairs perfectly with a green salad or crusty piece of bread. After Thanksgiving I ate if for a few days to get my system back on track. It’s filled with fiber and can be topped with avocado for boost of healthy fat.
Frozen vegetables are great when you don’t have fresh on hand or a great way to save money on vegetables that are not in season. Organic is best.
And it’s one the 30-Day Embrace Wellbeing Challenge recipes. Have you joined the challenge? It’s free and will help you take care fo yourself this holidays season. JOIN HERE here until Dec. 16.
Fast and Fabulous Vegetable Soup
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas*
- 1 cup package frozen green beans*
- 3 shredded/matchstick/diced carrots
- 1 cup frozen roasted corn (plain works too)*
- 1/2 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 16 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Herbamare (this is a salt and herb mix that’s amazing but see note for substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In large sauce pot saute the onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes until fragrant
- Add cabbage and saute for 1 minute then add the remaining vegetables, broth, Herbamare and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes. Add 1-2 cups of water if you’d like more broth.
- If you don’t have Herbamare use 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon parsley, 1/8 teaspoon oregano, 1/8 garlic powder.
- Add chopped organic chicken if desired.