Hiya Wellness Crusaders,
With the Polar Vortex making the weather outside beyond cold (and snowy) I decided to share one of my new creations to help warm you up – Spicy Bean Chili. It’s loaded with protein and fiber with an extra spicy kick.
It’s super simple. Make sure to make enough for leftovers to save you time during the week. It can also be frozen for a quick home cooked meal for busy nights. Serve it alone, topped with avocado or on a bed rice or sautéed greens.
Spicy Chili – Serves 5
• 2-3 Cloves Garlic
• 1 small Onion – diced
• 1, 15-ounce Black Beans – rinsed and drained
• 2, 15-ounce Tri-Colored Beans (Black, Pinto, and Kidney) – rinsed and drained
• 2 TB chili Power (use 1 TB for less kick)
• ¼ cup Cilantro – chopped
• ½ Zucchini – diced
• ½ Red Pepper – diced
• ½ Yellow Pepper – diced
• 2, 14.5-ounce cans Tomatoes diced
• 1 cup organic Vegetable Broth
• 1 cup Collard Greens – cut in think strips
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Add garlic and onion. Sautee 3-5 minutes until translucent
• Add zucchini, peppers and chili powder and sauté another 3-5 minutes
• Add all beans, tomatoes, cilantro, and broth. Cover and bring to boil then reduce heat to low
• Cook for 25 then add collard greens and cook for addition 5-10 minutes covered until chili consistency
Fill free use it to top a portabella mushroom or even organic tortilla chips. Be creative and share your personal spin on the recipe in the comments section below.
Stay warm and cozy dear friends,