Reset Challenge Week Three Recipe
This salad includes a healthy dose of omega-3 fats and protein with the grilled salmon and loads for veggies. Sub out the salmon for grilled tofu to make it vegetarian and omit the boiled egg for a vegan version.
- 6 ounces salmon*
- 1/2 avocado – diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs* – diced
- 1 cucumber – diced
- 1 cup cherry tomato – cut in half
- 5 cups bibb or romaine lettuce – chopped
1. Place lettuce on a plate and layer other ingredients in strips on top. Drizzle Honey Mustard dressing over top before serving.
*To make hard boiled eggs, steam them! Use a pot that will fit your colander. Fill pot with one inch of water and bring to boil. Add eggs and cover. Steam for 7-10 minutes.
*Grill salmon on stove top by heating 1 TB olive oil over medium-low heat. Then place skin side of salmon down and cook on medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Flip salmon over and cook another 2-3 minutes.
Note: Make it your own by adding cheese or swap the grilled salmon for chicken.
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2 TB Dijon mustard
- 2 TB apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 glove garlic
- Whisk all ingredients together with a fork
Eat this salad without distraction and savor each bite. Take 2-3 deep breaths before you eat and notice how you feel after. Share your experience with the group on the Facebook page. #PYNUTRITION