There is nothing easier than no bake recipes. And this one is delicious and nutritious.
Buckwheat is inexpensive, high in fiber and gluten-free. Buckwheat is often considered a grain but the edible portion is actually a seed. A fourth of a cup of raw buckwheat contains over 5 grams of protein.
Not only are these bars easy to make, they will provide you with lasting energy and balanced blood sugars due their fiber, protein, and healthy fat ratio.
These bars are sweetened with maple syrup vs. inflammatory white sugar that can strip your body of calcium or other important minerals. Maple syrup contains calcium, magnesium, potassium and zinc as well as B vitamins that support energy.
Gluten-Free, No Bake Granola Bar
Makes 20 bars
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 TB almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 3-4 TB maple syrup
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In food processor, use the pulse setting to lightly chop buckwheat, almonds and pumpkin seeds making sure to leave some larger pieces.
- In medium size mixing bowl combine all ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to a 9×9 baking dish and firmly pack by pressing down with spoon.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes or in fridge overnight before cutting into squares.
- These will keep in the fridge for 5 days or freeze them for longer.
- If you don’t have a food processor a blender will do.
- Play around with adding different kinds or nuts, seeds and spices.